Thursday, December 11, 2008

Time for Christmas

This photo is so symbolic of my last two Christmases.


If you look closely, you will see my reflection taking in the window. I am literally on the inside looking out. Campaign life is not condusive to the holiday season.

I spent Christmas 2007 in a hotel room in Des Moines. It was my first Christmas without my family, and it ended up, ironically, being wonderful. It's a very personal story that I have kept to myself - but I think I may share it with you in the next week or two.

This Christmas will be abbreviated, but with my family, at least. I can't help but feel twinges of jealousy every time someone mentions Christmas shopping, light looking, Nutcracker viewings, etc. Lucky folks... getting to soak in the season... experiencing it to the fullest. I bet they take it for granted.

2 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

Can't wait to hear your story...wish things were less busy for you.

Globe Trecker said...

In this busy work phase for you, you are still keeping the Christmas spirt and I love that you *get it*