Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's Official. I'M IN LOVE!!!!


With my Neighborhood.

It's obvious we're still in the infatuation phase, because we just can't get enough of each other. Here are a few more of the little treasures I've found while traipsing (we don't use that word enough, anymore) through the streets of my neighborhood. They are a part of what I love about living here.


1. Strawberry St. Market

I first crossed their threshold the day I moved in. While our pizzas were being cooked next door my sisters and I popped in here for some cold drinks and chocolate. They are priced higher than a chain grocery, naturally, but when I need one item (like bleach, salad dressing or Ben & Jerry's), you can't beat hoofing down the street instead of getting in the car.




2. Strawberry St. Cafe

Right next door to my last feature, resides this neighborhood gem. Turns out I caught it on a great night while Jess coming through town. After a walk, we stopped in here for dinner. Mondays are 1/2 price burgers and QUICHE night. Yum-O.

They have an extensive salad bar and supurb quiche. Those are the only things I've tried so far, but... wow. No wonder they are so popular.




3. Shields Market

Like the Stawberry St. Market, this small establishment carries assorted groceries and deli items, but there are a few ways they are a leg up on the competition in my mind.


  • They carry 20 oz. Diet Dr. Pepper
  • Their produce is organic and/or locally grown
  • They carry assorted Greek delights from "Stella" who formerly had a successful restaurant in the area.

Best find there? The Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. I don't know what their secret is, but that is one... good... cookie.

1 comment:

Globe Trecker said...

What a quaint, hip neighborhood! Lucky, lucky girl.