Friday, July 11, 2008

Hot Time, Summer in the City

Marilyn slumbering the day away in the window while I put books onto shelves... note her disapproval of the bright light interrupting her dreams of bird watching and mouse hunting.


I had forgotten how warm a third story can be in Virginia's summers. All the memories of sharing the "princess suite" with Haslam in So. Arlington have come back... the darkening of the windows.. the extra fans.. the sleeping on top of your blanket instead of beneath it... cool showers...

Things in the apartment have progressed, but as work has been busier, boxes have been slower to vanish. I still need to paint the top 20% of the walls next to the ceiling and do other assorted things to feel completely settled and at ease. I am finally done with last minute shopping of any needed items. Phew! But, I found this mildy disturbing while picking up picture frames at Michael's.



This was taken on July 8th, maybe... and according to my rudimentary calculations... that makes it nearly four full months before Halloween. This leads me to ask.... can retaliers imagine displays on anything other than the next major American holiday?

No comments: