Friday, July 31, 2009

Scatter Sunshine


I've been thinking about this for a long time and am now hoping that putting it publicly into writing will bring it to the forefront of my mind. Maybe I'll actually DO it then.
-
There are so many small nice things I want to say to people. Some of these people I know. Some, I don't. I want to get a set of small cards (larger than business cards but smaller than notecards) printed up to jot on and leave for these people. I don't want to monogram them, but some sort of personal trademark might be nice.
-
Then, I could do things like leave notes on people's desks, cars, doors and seats. I could tell them things like, "Your new haircut looks great!", "I always notice your beautiful flowers on my neighborhood walks." and "Your lesson really got me thinking. Thanks for your preparation!".

2 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

What a fantastic idea! I really hope you do it...and maybe others will too.

Globe Trecker said...

That is such a great idea. One thing you could do is buy scrapbooky type paper and have it pre-stamped. Even better, I'd have to recommend getting a hand embosser with your initials so you can monogram your notes. Williams Sonoma online has some great ones that have a lot of options for initials. From doing events, I remember ordering some online and they were totally affordable.

I think I need one myself now. What a thoughtful idea. People appreciate notes, it is so personal in an impersonal world. And, you just never know how much it can mean to someone or the impact it can have on their day.