Monday, August 3, 2009

Domestication

As I stated previously, a new niece makes me want to do things like crochet, quilt and all other crafty-type things. I'm counting myself lucky that this urge is stronger than shopping (since my budget is tight and I would want to buy every cute thing in sight for her).


This weekend I decided I would sew her a dress. If you really understood what that means, you'd be on the floor laughing. I don't have a sewing machine. I didn't buy a pattern. I just saw these dresses on my old roomie Jan's photography blog and felt inspired.


So.... I stopped off at the fabric store on the way home from work on Friday and got to work.


It's all hand stitched, and it probably won't fit, but I'm really quite proud of how it's coming along. I'll post another picture tomorrow or Wednesday when it's done.







2 comments:

Jani said...

Okay, for hand stitching, this is really looking awesome! It's going to be adorable when you're done. And hey, if it doesn't fit now, it will eventually! :D Love ya, M!

Mamma Meg said...

I cannot believe you are doing this! I hate to hand stitch a button back on. This looks beautiful, and I can't wait to see the finished product.