Sunday, August 16, 2009

Seizing a Rare Opportunity to...

...actually cook a real dinner.


I SO love to cook. Until November 4, though, the moments are rare that I can actually devote time to it. I tried a little something I saw on a PBS segment on Virginia farming tonight. It was so relaxing and comforting, and... left me feeling so much better than eating out. There's just something that feels right about starting with fresh ingredients and making something delicious.
-
This was a made-from-scratch marinara (blanced and peeled tomatos, garlic, olive oil, fresh basil & mushrooms) over julienned zuchini and brown rice noodles. Yum.

2 comments:

Globe Trecker said...

Oh my goodness, that looks so healthy and gourmet! I like the idea of using zuchini. There are so many ways to "disguise" it :)

M said...

That looks fantastic! It's funny how much you miss things like making dinner for yourself when that's no longer an option. Here's to many more homemade dinners after Nov 4th!

PS You should see "Julie and Julia" in your copious free time. You'll love it!