Friday, November 14, 2008

A Better Woman

I stumbled across this quiote recently. At any other juncture in my life it might not have rang as true.


"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration." - Pearl S. Buck

My life has been so very rich because of the people that have been in it. My family, both immediate and extended, is an excellent foundation. My friends have quite literally made me who I am.


I could never list them all; those who taught me to laugh, chuckle, learn, cartwheel, explore, stand out, crochet, prank, listen... to grow. Now, more than ever, with much more time to myself, I miss their influence. I've really noticed how much more rich my life is when my bestest friends are close.

Although I began this post earlier, I'm finishing it now from DFW, my least favorite airport in the nation. But, I'm enroute to see 3 of my all time favorite people for an abbreviated visit. I can't wait to give them hugs and tell them how much I appreciate them - and their wonderful influence on my life.

3 comments:

Melonius said...

that reminds me: when is the big concert??

Globe Trecker said...

It was SO great to see you this past weekend!

Mamma Meg said...

Thank you, thank you for making the trip. We all loved seeing you...especially the kids, who have decided you would be a far better mother for them than I am. Geesh.