Monday, September 15, 2008

Rediscovered Original Poetry (II)

A very jerky iambic pentameter. Hey... Shakespeare might not be the easiest to read, but he sure has stood the test of time.

Restlessness

I restrain myself from viewing the clock
menaced by the hour its face might reveal
while MY face waits for sleep to close these eyes
and the night all my worries to conceal.

My stomach churns. I feel the impression
that the Lord waits on me to lead and bless.
Why bekon me? When will the way appear?
Tonight I embody but restlessness.

~Written by: Me
January 2002 during solo birthday trip to VA Beach (intentionally)

(Insert disclaimer about copyrights, etc. Just please don't cut and paste somewhere else without permission)

2 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

Any chance you remember this..."I sould be a peoet."...just wondering.

MBusse said...

Of course I do! I suprised you do. Geesh.

To his credit, I think he's finished a Masters degree now.