Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rediscovered Original Poetry (I)

In the move, I found a couple notebooks that have notes and thoughts from various times over the last 10 years. I thought I'd share a few of my poems. This one is dedicated to Cheryl and writer's block - but.... should have some symbolic meaning for everyone else :-) (bonus points to anyone who can find the one line that is off on the rhythm).

The Novel

Rhythmically the typewriter
lays the letters on a page.
While listening to the keystrokes,
it's the story I try to gauge.

Each letter's as a moment...
and pages like the days.
It's how I choose to shape them
that determines the next phase.

The plot comes in increment
but, in the end, rests on me.
I strive to remain mindful,
a novel someday will be.

~Author - Me -
Written on July 9, 2005 while in Canaan Valley, WV vacationing with friends

(Insert disclaimer about copyrights, etc. Just please don't cut and paste somewhere else without permission)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey, thanks! I feel like this constantly...symbolically as well as literally. :)

"While listening to the keystrokes,
it's the story I try to gauge." is off rythmically, right?

Globe Trecker said...

Loved this:)