Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Do I Dare?


Due to needing to get serious about eating well and returning to my healthy weight (now that the campaign lifestyle is long gone), I've been doing some thinking. And, now... the stars seem to be aligning. I have an idea, and I'd like your input.

My sweet cousin, Angie, sent a box of 70 sample boxes of Whole Grain Total to my dad when he was in the hospital. Today, and additional box of 150 samples of Fiber One arrived. What to do with all this cereal....?

Here's what I'm thinking. Super Size Me!! For 30 days, I would eat one of these high fiber cereals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Although I'm currently planning on just a bowl with either skim milk or soymilk, I reserve the right to use the cereal in other recipes, if the preservation of my sanity demands it. Since this would satisfy my carb and dairy suggestions for each day, I'll use fresh fruits, veggies and proteins for my snacks.

Each day, I'll share how things are going. Thoughts?

1 comment:

Globe Trecker said...

I think this is a really great idea and have wondered about doing something like this myself. I wonder about the amount of carbs though. I think that it sounds really healthy and would be apt to try it. Would like to hear info from some nutritionists.

I've switched to soymilk in my oatmeal each morning and really like it.