Sunday, May 10, 2009

Isn't She Lovely?

Isn't she won-der-ful?

We carped the diem and spent the afternoon of Mother's Day at Monticello. It's been roughly 5 years the family has been meaning to go. The weather was going to be perfect, so we made the decision to quit making excuses.

Mom, Dad and I met up for lunch at Michie's Tavern and enjoyed dining on the terrace. After our fill of fried chicken and colonial fixings, we continued on the Thomas Jefferson Parkway to Monticello.

I know this looks like a stock photo, but it really was from the camera on my phone. The day was THAT perfect.


Dad on the way back up from visiting Jefferson's gravesite.

Mom and Dad as we were walking in the front door for the house tour.

I don't know that I'll ever run out of historical sites I want to see in VA. I'm so glad my family is close enough to join in the adventure.
I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father crafted today with deliberate perfection. The temperature, the low humidity, the fresh lush green trees and bushes and the fragrant flowers made it an appropriate salute to my cute, loving, funny and selfless mom.
I love ya, Momsie!

3 comments:

Globe Trecker said...

This looked like the perfect day, how fun that you live close enough to your family to do these kinds of things!

Ben and Laurie said...

I can't even imagine how cool it would be to live there and enjoy history all around you. Isn't it weird how oblivious you can be, living out West? I'm still in that state of mind, but Ben swears we will be going back to Virginia when the kids are old enough to enjoy the sites. Tell your parents hi from me. It's fun to see pictures of your mom! Wow, time flies!!

Ben and Laurie said...

I can't even imagine how cool it would be to live there and enjoy history all around you. Isn't it weird how oblivious you can be, living out West? I'm still in that state of mind, but Ben swears we will be going back to Virginia when the kids are old enough to enjoy the sites. Tell your parents hi from me. It's fun to see pictures of your mom! Wow, time flies!!