Sunday, February 1, 2009

Memo from Me to the Rest of the World

  1. Cigarette butts count as litter. Please stop covering the streets and sidewalks with them.
  2. Guys with long hair and skinny jeans are not attractive. It's tantmount to a crime against nature. The more I see these types, the more attracted to lumberjacks I become.
  3. Bluetooth sets are great for driving and perhaps while directing large events for thousands of people. They are not so great in grocery stores. I'm growing increasingly tired of apologizing for missing what someone said to me in line, only to spy the tiny device behind their ear. (note, never, during this process have any of these people acknowledged my existense)
  4. Kids (and toddlers in particular) are not adults. When you keep them up until after 10pm while meandering through the Target aisles for 90 minutes, you have no right to yell at them for being fussy. They need sleep and a bedtime (and responsible parents).

3 comments:

David & Vanessa said...

Goodness...I agree with all of these! Especially 1 & 2!

Globe Trecker said...

Amen. To all.

Mamma Meg said...

No kidding! As for the last one, I actually had a sister in law who used to tell her child, "Stop being such a baby!" He was 8 months old.