Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A High Blood Pressure Kind of Day

I've always been one of those nerds that doesn't sleep all night while watching voting returns on election nights. I live for watching the precincts report, figuring out which stongholds for which candidates have come in and the chosen timing of the victory speeches. Ahh.... the joy!

Tonight, while the spotlight is on Obama's clinching of the Democratic presidential nomination, I am tucked away keeping an eye on the Republican Senate Primary in NM where my former boss, Heather Wilson, is in a tight race with Steve Pearce (who took the place of my even more former boss Joe Skeen) to replace Pete Domenici. It's a nail-biter. I admit, I never got to know Pearce, but I have a very deep admiration for Heather and am rooting for her. She's brilliant and has her heart in the right place. The US Senate would be lucky to have her.

The other race I'm keeping tabs on is the Republican primary for the California State Assembly 15th District. My buddy, Marissa, from the Romney days is managing the campaign of Judy Lloyd for that seat. This is the last Republican seat left in the San Francisco Bay area. The polls have been closed less than an hour out there, so it might be a while before the outcome is known. You can follow along at: http://vote.sos.ca.gov/Returns/stasm/1559.htm

No comments: