Friday, April 11, 2008

A Lesson in Time Management


While driving to Henry Co. a few weeks ago, I passed by this sight in Chatham. I had to turn around and snap a picture. (Go ahead... click it to magnify). Now, this is winterized Kudzu. It is missing the rich green color and dense leaf coverage it gets in the summertime. But, I think you can get the general idea. There are many regions of VA that are blanketed in this aggressive plant. When I first encountered it, I thought it was novel and fascinating.

Now, after having my own few battles with the insidious beast (keeping it out of bushes and from growing up the chimney), I think it nothing but a pain in the kiester. You have to remain vigilant in beating it back, uprooting it, burning it, cursing at it and praying for its demise.

I will let you draw your own personal conclusions about how this pertains to time mangagement (or grudges, or repentence, or ill will, or weight gain, or procrastination). I've got mine.

1 comment:

Globe Trecker said...

Great insight. I agree, when I first moved to D.C. I thought it was kind of cool, but no more. Great picture/story analogy.