Monday, April 7, 2008

Ba-Gock!

I've made many more trips to Richmond in the recent past than normal. I've gotten used to passing the Tysons Chicken hatchery along the drive.

I've also seen a few trucks like the one I captured in these pictures. Although I've thought about blogging about this previously, the magic of a camera phone enabled me to seize the moment in order to bring more understanding (along with a reminder to get it done).

I consider myself a life-long animal lover but not an animal activist. However, the Fast Food Nation craze a few years ago, and being employed to make people healthier began my own thinking about the amount of meat I eat.

For those who understand the words "Word of Wisdom", verses 12-13 have stuck out to me more in the last two years. I've often thought the cure to American obesity is to have everyone raise their own food again. Now, I can't help but wonder if we all heeded the above counsel, if it would revolutionize mass meat farming practices.



No comments: