Tuesday, October 20, 2009

La Doche No Funchona

(mispelled, I'm sure)

When I went to Italy in 2003, I studied up on Italian beforehand. Turns out most everyone spoke to us in English, and the only time I got to utilize my skills was to request a wake-up call one night when the hotel desk attendant clearly spoke Italian.

HOWEVER, the first phrase I remember learning and the only one I still remember was the above which means, 'The shower doesn't work'.

Ladies and gentlemen.... I bring you this video of my current shower. Since it was taken on Sunday, it has further deteriorated into not releasing any water at all. Good thing I still have my gym membership until it's repaired.


5 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

No fun! Does your kitchen sink have a sprayer attachment??? That is what I used for a few weeks in Romania...sheesh. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Globe Trecker said...

That's it? All it does? Weird.

If you're trying to be like a real Italian, you don't need to shower as often. Perhaps their shower heads are like this and a reason why they don't shower as often?

MBusse said...

I've been using the kitchen sink for shampoo and conditioner, Megan. No sprayer, but it DOES have water pressure, which is the biggest asset at this time.

hillari said...

Okay, this seriously made me giggle a little bit. Way to turn a crappy situation into a still crappy, but humurous one. :)

M said...

I hope your landlord/lady is taking care of this! The last thing you need on your stress list this week is a derelict shower.