Tuesday, October 21, 2008

These are a Few of my Favorite Things (II)

Things I have used in the last week to celebrate fall.
________________________


Williams Sonoma Pumpkin Spice Lotion - (description from their own website) Subtle notes of orange and clove mingle with nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla for a warm, spicy fragrance inspired by favorite holiday foods. Ahhh.... it's sitting on my desk at work and provides me a little piece of scent heaven each day. I fell in love with their Winter Forest scent 3 years ago, and predict this new one will be an annual necessity too.
__________________________


Chewy Gingerbread Cookies - I took the cheater way out and used a cake mix I had on hand for pumpkin gingerbread trifle. Instead of following the cake instructions, I added only 1/4 cup hot water and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. I rolled into balls and in sugar before baking. They were perfect and simple.

_________________________


Mugs of herbal mint tea

_______________________

Yankee Candle's "Autumn Wreath" scent in the car.

______________________



London Bridge is Falling Brown" nail polish by OPI. I thought this color was discontinued (much to my dismay), but found it at the nail salon I went to on Saturday (much to my delight!).
_____________________
I didn't mean for this post to be a commercial, but since I rarely get to be outside to enjoy the gorgeous changing of the leaves, I'm apparently compensating.
What are YOU using to help remind you of fall?

2 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

You just made me all cozy and tired...just reading about all your fall stuff made me relaxed. I may have to borrow a few of your traditional things.

Globe Trecker said...

I LOVE when people put their favorite things on their blog. You have great taste:)

To remind me of fall, I make pumpkin spice cookies and use Body Shop home fragrance oils burning in my home (esp. Holiday Pumpkin, Gingerbread and some type of spiced orange).