Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Avoidance

While I avoid putting into writing some of the emotions and happenings of the last two weeks, I bring you the world's best spinach dip recipe ala Carol Carlson of Brunswick Co. Virginia. I nearly ate the entire thing on my own at a gathering of republicans a few months ago. I stumbled on the recipe handwritten in my car this week as I as cleaning.


1 Pint - Sour Cream
1 Cup - Mayo
1 Pkg - Knorr Leek Soup
1 Pkg - Frozen Chopped Spinach
1/2 Cup - Chopped Parsley
1/2 Cup - Chopped Onion
1/2 Can - Water Chestnuts
1/2 tsp - Dillweed
1 T - Dried Italian Dressing

Mix all above with hand mixer

Scoop out bread, use scooped pieces for dipping

3 comments:

Globe Trecker said...

Wow, what a great sounding recipe. Wonder if I can figure out how to get something comparable to Knorr leek soup mix down under.

Hope all is well, thinkin' about you. Hope to catch up soon my friend:)

M said...

Melissa, you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. I put your name on the prayer roll at the temple this week too. Big hugs.

hp said...

My mom forwarded me a message from Lynchburg ward (one of them)...I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers. So sorry to hear about your dad and I pray that you are all having good family time together to comfort each other.