Thursday, May 29, 2008

Better Than I Could Say It

Thanks to Ang for passing this on today. For many years, I have tried to make "Seize the Day" or Carpe Diem a sort of mantra for my life (stemming from a love of Dead Poets Society). My feelings and emotion behind that mantra could not be summed up any more perfect than in the words of Jeffrey R. Holland:

"God expects you to have enough faith and determination and enough trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. In fact, He expects you not simply to face the future (that sounds pretty grim and stoic); He expects you to embrace and shape the future—to love it and rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities.

God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can’t if you don’t pray, and He can’t if you don’t dream. In short, He can’t if you don’t
believe.
"

2 comments:

Melonius said...

JUST what I needed! Holland always comes through, doesn't he?
Thanks for sharing that! And I'm so glad I finally found your new blog!!

Shelly said...

LOVE IT